Re: master cylinder rebuild

To: Gary Leroux <geevee@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: master cylinder rebuild
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 07:29:22 -0400
I assume that the 1970 U?SA models had the dual master cylinder, right?

Make sure you have a good, accurate diagram of the cylinder internals, so you
know how it goes together.  Also, one of the rubber parts has to be stretched a
lot to get it into position. Be careful, and use some of the special brake
cylinder
grease (or brake fluid) as a lubricant.

You might also want to smooth the cylinder bore with some extra-fine (1500
grade)
wet-or-dry sandpaper.  Be aware that the bore is stepped:  the rear (inner)
half is a
little smaller than the  front half.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit