Windscreen Tint

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windscreen Tint
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:28:12 +0100
Well, they came around and fitted my new windscreen - #50 excess and thats all
it was.

A bit of a surprise when I realised that it was tinted and had the top tint
too... not really what I wanted... but in actual fact its alright...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/mk3/03.07.15/DSCF0040.jpg

You sit lower in Mk3 seats... and more back... so it works - I don't look
through the top tint...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/mk3/03.07.15/DSCF0038.jpg

Not quite original... but it works rather nicely...

Oh... and putting in a piece of glass is easy! Once you know how! I reckon so
anyway... thats what the guy said too... (though of course... I havent done it
yet...)

Putting in that trim is a piece of cake too! Just need the right tool (you
could make one up easy) - the guy did it in all of 20 seconds... there is a
technique - I can describe it if you all so wish...

James

69 Signal Red Spit