Re: door hardware

To: "Gary Leroux" <geevee@shaw.ca>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: door hardware
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:44:42 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Gary Leroux <geevee@shaw.ca>

> I am re-installing my door panels on my 1970 spit and I have forgotten where
>the springs for the window winder and door handle go.  I have installed the
>panel then have added the spring, the bezel and finally the handles but it
>doesn't look right as you can see the springs behind the bezels....is this
>right?  I almost hope so as it took me 2 hours of sweating to get everything
>in place so I could install the pins.  As usual thanks to all who offer some
>advice.

Hi Gary,
    The correct arrangement is to sit the springs over the spindles with the
small end of the spring nearest the door. The door trim panel goes over the
springs so that the large end of the spring is pushing the trim away from the
door. The handles & bezels  (do you have bezels on the 1970 car? It's been a
long time....) then go on.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--