Blown fuse on ignition - solved

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Blown fuse on ignition - solved
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:13:01 +0100
I always like to complete questions I've had with the solution that worked
for me.

Well, it turns out that the relay was faulty - I'm guessing that everytime I
started the car the current was going from the battery back in to the purple
wires...

Anyway - a relay from Halford's did the trick (I am still constantly amazed
at the poor level of knowledge that some of its employees have) - modern
relay for switching lights - 30A - built in fuse too...

Beep! Beep! MOT here I come...

James

69 Signal Red Spit