Did I fry my Ballat wire?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Did I fry my Ballat wire?
From: Chris DeStaffany <destaff@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:17:30 -0700 (PDT)
So I put the new head on and while I'm in there, I'm
cleaning up some of the left over wires that the PO
had every where. Driving around town and all of sudeen
it stopped.  A conncetion had come loose. Anyway, the
upshot is that I ended up grounding out a wire that
came from the hot side of the coil and lost ignition.
Got the car home by running a wire from hot side of
battery to plus side of coil.  The ignition switch is
working because the guages come on and the like.

So, did I burn out the ballast wire.  I can find no
evidence that anything overheated.  I went out like I
blew a fuse but the wiring diagram shows none and I
could find none.  What do you'all think and what is my
best remedy.

Chris DeStaffany
Friday Harbor, Wa