Re: Pistons

To: "Ed Hamilton" <h_edward@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Pistons
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:30:19 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Ed Hamilton <h_edward@bellsouth.net>

> Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of a OEM replacement piston
> produced by a company called "County"?

While I supply a number of County brand products, I have had no dealings with
their pistons. The supplier has the following to say on the subject, quoted
directly from their catalogue:

"Piston Sets (County)
With the decreasing availability of 'Hepolite' and original pistons, it is our
policy where possible to have these pistons remanufactured on our own tooling.
These pistons are similar to either the original piston as used by the vehicle
manufacturer or modelled on the Hepolite aftermarket product where this was a
better design. Where demand is limited we have sourced from an alternative
manufacturer. These pistons are listed as reproduction. Pistons are priced in
sets and come complete with rings, gudgeon pins and circlips as required."

I know several people who are very sattisfied with their County pistons, but as
I say, no personal experience,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--