Lost my Diff?

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lost my Diff?
From: "R.D. Waid" <waids@usfamily.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:41:02 -0500
I was out driving around last night (beautiful evening, BTW) when the
car started to vibrate-it was not as bad at lower speed or when
accelerating, but very bad when coasting. I got it home (barely). Now
its up on stands in the garage. All U-joint bols are tight; joints seem
OK. When I rotate one rear tire, the opposite tire doesn't move- I'm
pretty sure they used to rotate in oppsote directions, so I think my
diffie has gone. Any other opinions, learned ones?

Thanks in Advance,
Bob Waid
71 MkIV, FK4081L