Re: Lost my Diff?

To: "R.D. Waid" <waids@usfamily.net>
Subject: Re: Lost my Diff?
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:46:19 -0400
If your diff's gearing was messed up enough to keep the opposite wheel from
turning, you
couldn't drive at all.

Make sure the car is in gear and try rotating the wheel again.

It sort of sounds like a driveshaft problem, the U-joints, or maybe a balancing
weight fell off.
It could also be the telescoping joint in the driveshaft.  What style to you
have?
I have seen the strap style, the "soup can" CV joint style, and a splined shaft
style.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit