RE: MkII seat details

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MkII seat details
From: "Mike Haysom" <mike.haysom@btclick.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:45:40 +0100
Steve

It sounds as though the MKII seat is much the same as the MKIII. When I
realised that the back plate on my drivers seat was cracked part way across,
I too had to remove the vinyl covers and padding to effect a weld. That
strip of plywood is meant to be there, and the bottom of the seat back cover
is fixed to it by some short tacks. The plywood strip is fixed to the seat
back using bifurcated rivets, and in my case the wood was also pretty
rotten.

I replaced the plywood by using a piece of carpet gripper rod (having
removed its little spikes). Some saw cuts along the back helped it mould
around the curve of the seat. I couldn't find anything else suitable to fix
it, so I ended up gluing it to the frame. That was about just about a year
ago, and it's been OK so far.

HTH
Mike

--Original Message Follows ------------------------