Re: Windshield installed

To: "griffco" <griffco@griffco.ca>
Subject: Re: Windshield installed
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:42:09 -0400
At 09:43 PM 7/18/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>Mind you, I didn't put the "Seelastic" in the rubber seal before putting it on
>the glass, as recommended in the Haynes manual.  But I will put a seal of
>Urethane around the edge, as recommended by several glass installers and
>friends.

Hello,

My windshield seal is getting a bit crumbly and leaky, and
I am contemplating replacing it (the glass itself is OK).

I am wondering:

1:  What exactly was the "urethane" you used as a sealant?
2:  Are the replacement seals well-made? Any recommended vendor, or they all
the same?
3:  Is it necessary to remove the dash to do a good job across the bottom?

Thanks,

Doug Braun