Tonneau cover problem

To: "Spitfires (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tonneau cover problem
From: "DASHWOOD, Dean, FM" <Dean.Dashwood@rbos.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 09:10:46 +0100
Listers,

At the front of my tonneau cover (for a Spitfire 1500, although I don't
think that makes much difference) are four metal rings, which fit over the
four clips on top of the dash-board.  The problem is, one of these metal
rings has fallen out!

Now, before we go any further - I know this is not the most major problem in
the world.  In fact, in the order of all Triumph problems, it's probably
about as minor as they come.  But I really don't have a clue how to fix it!
Is it possible to buy a replacement metal ring?  Where from?  How do you fit
it?  Is it easier to take it into a shop and have it done?  What type of
shop?  Does anyone know anywhere suitable to the west or north of London?
The place I bought the cover from is at the other side of the of the
country, and I can't really justify the fuel to drive it there nor the cost
of posting it there.

Also, the reason this ring has fallen off is because it's always needed to
be stretched a little bit to get over the clip.  I can't get the clip to
move back any further... is it possible to move the hole in the tonneau
cover forward?

Thanks!

Dean

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is registered in Scotland No 90312
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
             Regulated by the Financial Services Authority

            Visit our website at http://www.rbs.co.uk/CBFM/