Re: Graunchy clutch

To: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Graunchy clutch
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:45:45 -0400
How is the pivot bearing of the pedal?

The Spit clutch and brake pedals have a pressed-in bronze bushing that pivots
on a short steel shaft that
is held in the mounting bracket by snap rings.  The shaft can get seized to the
bushing,
and then the shaft starts rotating in the mounting bracket, which it was not
designed to do.

In any case, the bushings in the brake and clutch pedals need periodic
lubrication.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit