re: voltmeter

To: SpitList <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: voltmeter
From: elliottr@rmi.net
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:28:19 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all the responses.

I have received several emails regarding my voltmeter reading wrong.  All but
one suggested the same possible solution.  That being I may have hooked the
voltmeter up through the voltage regulator.

Well, I am glad to say that we all think along the same lines, as that was also
my first thought.

I guess I should have said that when I checked the reading I hooked my VOM up
in the same place as the voltmeter was hooked up.  The VOM reads about 2 volts
higher than the voltmeter.   IIRC the regulator averages  about 10v but varies
some.   But I think my VOM would still show about 10v.

The other response suggested there is a resistor that may be adjustable.  So I
guess I may tear apart the gauge to see what I can see.

Thanks,

Roger Elliott