Mk.3 Spitfire Overdrive conversion

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Mk.3 Spitfire Overdrive conversion
From: Alex Cherington <a_flying_scotsman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 10:05:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I have a Mk 3 Spitfire non-OD gearbox which has been
lying around for a while. As I was thinking of having
it rebuilt anyway I thought about having it converted
to overdrive. I keep seeing overdrive units on Ebay
and wondered about having my box converted.

Is this s feasible idea? What other internal parts are
needed to convert the gearbox?

The gearbox is from a 1967 Mk 3 Spitfire so which OD
unit would be compatible?

Thanks