Re: Weber DGV Install

To: "Paul Meyer" <paulfmeyer@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Install
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@spyderinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:16:30 -0500
Paul

Get in contact with Pierce Manifolds.  I'm sorry I don't have their contact
numbers, but I do know they have a web site.  They are very knowledgeable
about attaching a Weber to a Spitfire.

I have a 78 with the same set up along with a 3/4 cam and spring assist on
valves plus 4 into 1 header.  It runs quite well and is for sale.  contact
me for info.

Also my company Classic Auto Lubes sell Penrite Oil Lubricants for Classic
cars.  Let know if I can help.

God Bless
Jon

Classic Auto Lubes
12803 CR 1222
Tyler, Tx  75709
Ph: 903-561-4858
Fax: 903-561-7177
Email: jfm@spyderinternet.com
www.classicautolubes.com

At 04:40 PM 10/13/03 -0400, you wrote:
>After several frustrating weeks fiddling with my ZS Carb, I have ordered a
>Weber DGV install kit.
>
>I've seen several photos of lister's cars with with DGV's installed, but
>would greatly appreciate it if listers could advise me of any links to
>photos of DGV installs in greater detail.
>
>Thanks to all who offered advice on my carb options, and those who offered
>thier old carbs for my consideration.
>
>A few questions:
>
>Do these kits Spitfire conversion kits usually come with the right jets
>for a spitfire?  If not, can anyone forward a link listing DGV needles -
>I've only seen Paul Tegler's DCOE tables.
>
>Since the intake/exhaust gasket is a one-piece, will I need to remove the
>exhaust manifold completely?
>
>The throttle cable linkage currently bolts to the CD's intake manifold -
>should I anticipate coming up with a new bracket, or did the kit have
>adequate arrangements?
>

>Paul F. Meyer
>
>Home Phone:    781-551-8574
>Cell Phone:       781-883-0961
>e-mail:               paulfmeyer@msn.com

dangerous content by our MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.