Missing Spitfires - UK

To: "TriumphSouth" <TriumphSouth@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Missing Spitfires - UK
From: "Suzie" <suzie.singleton@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:23:17 +0100
This message was passed on to me from the TSSC website. If anyone has any
information please contact Craig at hantsandberks@tssc.org.uk who can pass
the information along. It would be a shame not to rescue these cars if it
were possible.
Suzie

***

This is a message from ex-member Tom deWit of Fareham, Hampshire. Pictures
to follow.
(http://www.tssc.org.uk/messageboard.asp?board=stolen&uid=200310151919449401
29747)

Craig

Hi. I'm not a member at the moment, but used to be. If My friend Trevor and
I get our Spitfires back we will join for life. Your members can help.

We have both had our spitfires - a red MK1 CXG 477C and white(grey primer)
MK3 KKM 181E - for 15 years and have been all over (Arcen,
Holland,TSSC,1990) - We grew up with these cars!

About 8 - 10 weeks ago these two cars were removed from lockups in
Gillingham, Kent, and disposed of as scrap somewhere in the Medway towns. We
would do anything to recover these cars - your members may be able to help.

If anyone has seen an early Spitfire (or even bits of an early spitfire)
turn up on a dump, or scrap metal yard, please get in touch. I want my car
back even if it is squashed flat!

The red MK1 was complete but scruffy, with wire wheels and white racing
roundels. The white Mk3 was dismantled, (body, chassis, suspension lumps,
engine, box) and mostly in primer, and had most tub panels replaced a few
years back. Rusty steel bonnet in white, with reg no. on nose (E-type style)
and name 'Gwendoline' painted on NS wing lower part. Also wire wheels. It is
most likely that they went to a 'metal' yard not a dismantler. They may both
now be long gone. As you can imagine, we are both gutted. Any help from your
members really appreciated. I would like even a bit of this car back!

I hope you can help us.

Tom deWit