More alt questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: More alt questions
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net"
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:44:11 -0400
In my quest for a smaller replacement GM style alternator for the Spitfire
(the expensive ProForm alt was NOT charging as indicated, had to push start
the car yesterday.  Funny how you can indicate a 20 amp charge and have a
dead battery  didnt check the charging voltage though. I guess the IGN
lamp WAS right after all!)  Anyway, I just got a CS130 style replacement,
but it has a serpentine style pulley, which will be replaced with a V-belt
type.  My question is if it is now setup for reverse rotation, is it
simply the cooling fan that would need to be replaced also, or is there
something internally that would be different?  I am assuming that the fan
is all that I need worry about  since I cant imagine that the alt cares
not which way you rotate it.  Am I all wet here?

http://mail2web.com/ .