Re: Check Those Bolts!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Check Those Bolts!
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:56:49 +0800
Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I believe these are "nylock" nuts
and my understanding is that nylocks should not be relied on after one
tightening.  I would think if any have worked themselves loose, they should be
replaced with new ones.

I remember when one of mine came loose.  It knocked the head off one of the
allen bolts that hold the stub axle flange into the differential case.  And
then of course that area started leaking.  And then of course I let the lube
level get too low.  And then of course I had to replace the diff with a used
one. Doh!

Joe Guinan

http://corp.mail.com/careers