Re: Winterizing your Triumph

To: nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Winterizing your Triumph
From: Philip Warburton <cplimey@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:49:45 -0800
For what it is worth...

Living in Vancouver BC, where the winter weather can vary from rain to snow
and near freezing and freezing temperatures, I have put my spit to bed for
the past 5 years, from mid October until the beginning of May and I have had
no problems. I keep it in a garage that is not heated.

1) Full fuel tank, but I have never found the need or any problem in
starting or running the car after the storage without fuel stabiliser.
2) I check the tyre pressure, but don't put it on blocks or anything like
that.
3) Because it is in a garage that has the possibility of mice etc being
around, I put 2-3 mothballs in the interior. Never had any mouse problems in
doing this...nor moths either!!
4) Bend a metal coat hanger so you can insert the "hook" end, in the
silencer (muffler) and then add some steel wool in the pipe. The hanger is
to make the removal of the steel wool easier at the end of the hibernation.
The whole process is to stop nesting by mice or other small rodents in the
silencer.
5) I always remove the battery and keep indoors.

I then put my cover on the car and that is it.

As I say this has worked fine for the last 5 years.

Cheers,

  *** Philip ***
1975 Spitfire 1500 - FM32468U
(otherwise known as CJ)