70 top frame shameless plea -

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 70 top frame shameless plea -
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net"
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:52:05 -0500
As I had sort of suspected and now l I have confirmed that the top frame
from the MK4 Spitfire wont fit the earlier Spitfires, the rear deck is
actually a little closer than on the later spitfires so I am in need of a
top frame for a late1970 roundtail Spitfire. I have been watching eBay, but
havent seen anything so I thought Id throw this out to the list as a
shameless request for one that someone may possibly have that is taking up
precious space in his or her garage  It would need to be a 70 style with
the latches like those on the later Spitfires although I suppose I could
just replace the header rail with the later style I already have
So if you happen to have a frame that fits this description and would like
to give it to a great home, on my wifes soon to be restored Spitfire, drop
me a line with a price and well see what we can do -

Thanks -

Barry Schwartz (San Diego area)

http://mail2web.com/ .