Re: Herald Rear end

To: Shane <s@globe.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Herald Rear end
From: sinclair@degenkolb.com
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:20:49 -0800
All lies.
Unless the frame has rotted away.
I drove mine minus the roof all through the Christchurch summers - to and
from to Akaroa.
Good times, good times.
Cheers
Mark
(ex wgtn).

                      Shane

                      <s@globe.net.nz>         To:       sinclair@degenkolb.com

                                               cc:
spitfires@autox.team.net, Shaneb@globe.net.nz
                      12/14/2003 02:50         Subject:  Re: Herald Rear end

                      PM

I am in wellington.... The car is two tone powder blue and surface rust....
but
very straight and the interior is brilliant!

Hey someone once told me that if you took the roof off the saloons for
awhile
the car would bend.... any truth to this?

Quoting sinclair@degenkolb.com:

 I owned a white herald 13/60 in NZ in the early 90's - where are you
 located?  You never know.....
 If it has a lot of miles on it also check the rear trunnion bushings.
With
 car jacked, the wheel off, and the handbrake on, try rotating the drum -
if
 it moves significantly then the trunnion needs to be replaced.
 Good luck.
 Mark Sinclair
 San Francisco, CA