Re: General running question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: General running question
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:34:56 +0000
Hello all,
  Thank you all so much with your advice and suggestions.  I took apart the
float chamber and fixed the cut-off valve and that fixe dmy fuel leak
problem...but now i have to do the same to the other chamber because it is
now leaking in the same manner.  Once that was fixed and i adjusted the
timing a little bit, the car fired up and no problems!  In fact...I
acctually DROVE THE CAR for the first time in probably 7 years!  It wasn't
much of a drive, from its spot in the garage to its resting place at the end
of the driveway (the clutch pedal kept getting stuck on the floor pan that
isn't welded in yet:-)  But regardless...it ran and drove!  Thank you all
for your help over the last year of the rebuild.

  Now i just need to buy a new fan and i think the clutch is shot as well.
So that will give me a nice spring project.

Thank you again,
  Dave
  '68 Spit Mk3

Get dial-up Internet access now with our best offer: 6 months @$9.95/month!