Thanks! and Air Rail bolt question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks! and Air Rail bolt question
From: Jambone <jambone6@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:03:27 -0800 (PST)
First, thanks to the replies regarding the 1500 gearbox/bellhousing seal.
Turns out my setup does not require the seal due to a spiral groove in part of
the bellhousing.  The idea is that centrifugal force and the groove spin the
oil back into the gearbox.

If I want to remove my air rail and plug the holes, what size/pitch bolt or
screw should I use?  I'd like to be able to add/remove the air rail as
situations permit.  Seems like I've read that these holes are British Standard
Fine threads or British Standard Pipe threads, but I can't find the
specifications anywhere online or with my local British parts suppliers.

Best Regards,
Brian Hill

'76 Spitfire 1500

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/