Re: Cleaning a gas tank

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning a gas tank
From: "Bob Boehmer" <bob.boehmer@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:44:13 -0500
Here's what I did to restore my gas tank:

Drain gas, remove sender unit and any other hardware, flush tank with lots
of fresh water, blow dry with compressed air.

I then found a place that treats gas tanks. They etched the tank to remove
any corrosion, applied an internal sealer, and an external coating. The
treated tank is guaranteed for as long as I own the car. And from the looks
of it I will never have any corrosion problems.

If anyone would like I can find contact info for the place that did the
treatment.

Bob Boehmer