Re: Tuning carbs question...

To: "'Spitfire'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Tuning carbs question...
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:48:34 -0700
David, the inside of the unisyn turns to change the flow. So on the front carb
open the center of the unisyn up so that the reading is not all the way to the
top. Then with the linkage undone, adjust the idle of the back carb so that it's
at the same place. Recheck back and forward a couple of times till the flow is
the same and then lock the linkage trying not to move the setting. Make sure the
throttle is against the linkage and or same gap on both carbs. Recheck after
locking, as often tightening the linkage knocks it out. Then you can set the
mixture. Don't screw the centre in too far to get a reading as then you
constrict
the flow to much.

Alan

On Tue, 18 May 2004 12:33 , 'David Mayer' <celiracer81@hotmail.com> sent: