RE: DOT 5

To: "'Larry Vaughan'" <lvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: DOT 5
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:54:59 -0500
I have been running DOT 5 for over four years in my 71.
Brakes as well as clutch.
I haven't had to rebuild either since the switch.
I for one have not noticed any mushy feel to the pedals. My question is how
could you tell the difference unless you are racing or high end autocross
stuff? I don't think there are many of us who could actually tell the
difference between one with Silicone and one with standard fluid.

I haven't had one bit of a moisture problem, the car goes from hot sunshine
to a heated and cooled garage for the past four years. Car is driven during
the winter months just as much as it is during the summer. South Carolina US
weather really doesn't get real bad.

Even if it was a little mushy, isn't the advantage of having a non paint
eating fluid and non rubber attacking product more of a benefit?

Just my $0.02