RE: DOT 5

To: "'Larry Vaughan'" <lvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: DOT 5
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:45:29 -0500
Larry,

Make real sure you clean the system before you go with the Silicone.

You need to flush the whole system very well to make sure you don't leave
any of the regular stuff in it.

I drained mine completely with an air hose.
Disconnect clutch and master at each and open all bleed valves.
Wrap a rag or something over the bleeders to make sure the paint eating
stuff doesn't get all over everything.
Flush the master and slave on the clutch and do the same for the brake
master.
I used cheap regular rubbing alcohol to clean mine.
After I was sure all the old stuff was out of all the lines and the brake
wheel cylinders, I filled the brake master with alcohol and took my Mighty
Mite bleeder tool and sucked the alcohol through the system. Each wheel
starting at the futherest point and just pumped it till it was clear as what
was in the original bottle. Once you have it all good and clean, blow out
the alcohol! You don't need rags and stuff to worry about getting it all
over anything! It dries real quick!

Then you have to start all over and fill the system with the Silicone.

It's a pain the ass but you will love not having to do this again for quite
some time. I'm 4 years and counting! No drips, no runs, no errors, No
REBUILDS!