Automotive GPS Software

To: Spit List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Automotive GPS Software
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:45:50 +0000
Listers,

Does anyone know of any software that will calculate 0-60 times..
average speeds etc etc

I have a GPS USB dongle now - and it seems that combined with a decent
laptop it would produce some interesting results... log all sorts of
information.

I remember a guy last year at a track day using his Pocket PC with a GPS
unit to time his laps (cough cough) - plus a load of other interesting
information - even drawing out a map of the circuit too... based on the
GPS data... I believe he could also watch himself as a dot go around the
circuit... very neat...

Anyone know of any?

James