Re: Essential tool

To: Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com ("Gosling, Richard B"),
Subject: Re: Essential tool
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:58:08 -0400
In a message dated 6/1/2005 4:35:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Gosling, Richard
B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com> writes:

>Just finished on eBay (too late!!) there is an essential tool that I think
>every one of us should have:
>
><http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4552711562>
>
>Richard Gosling

======
I can vouch for the exceptional quality and utility of this item, and I'm ever
grateful to know that there is again a source for same. I once used one of
these to fabricate a temporary gear lever mount for a Subaru, to replace a
rubber mount that had separated, on a car that was only about two years old at
the time. That fabricated mount not only lasted longer than the original
factory part, but it actually outlasted the car!

I used to obtain these from a local jobber (quite the businessman; I'm told he
also ran some sort of clothes cleaning establishment on the side). I'm a bit
distressed to see that the price has gone up so drastically, but often one must
pay dearly for quality. ;-)

--Andy Mace