Re: Dupont paint code for Laurel Green

To: Jim Cullen <ccullen16@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Re: Dupont paint code for Laurel Green
From: Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 03:32:45 -0700 (PDT)
Jim, we took the paint codes for Pimento Red to the
shop and they got an enamel from Sherwin-Williams
(didn't know they made car paint) and the car is
beautiful. We didn't do the actual painting though,
there is a "touch" to it and the proper mixing of
reducer and super gloss hardener. We were going with
Dupont, but they couldn't match original....

Donald & Henry Stike

--- Jim Cullen <ccullen16@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> I am in the process of getting my 74 spitfire
> painted (after 9 months of
> painstaking work). I have done some research on
> various web pages available
>
> I have my heart set on painting the car Laurel Green
> (Triumph Paint Code 55),
> I know what the PPG and ICI paint codes are too
> > Any help or a point in the right direction would
be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim