Weber dgv - throttle cable & return

To: spitfires@autox.team.net (Spitfires)
Subject: Weber dgv - throttle cable & return
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:18:56 +0000
As I concluded my morning drive in the Spit to work this morning, I think I was
tackling the sticking throttle problem wrong. The cable lube thing wasn't the
issue. The issue is I don't have any sort of return spring at the body.

On the Stromberg, there's that long spring with a metal rod through it. I have
no such equivalence for the Weber.

What's the easiest way to go about installing one? I was thinking a "pull"
spring, but where would one mount the other side of it? There's also the
concern where the pull spring needs to be placed right otherwise if you pulled
it too much it would retract th e throttle the other way, thus flooring it all
the time.

I fix that, and no more blipping the pedal for guesswork trying to hear if it's
at the lowest rev speed. Thus, better fuel economy.

Tried finding some pictures, but all my good weber bookmarks are at home.

--
http://infaux.net