RE: Fuel pressure regulator?

To: "'Spitfire List \(E-mail\)'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel pressure regulator?
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:00:07 -0700
The tank is less than 10 gallons so your mileage is somewhere around 20
mpg.  That is not all that bad (but could be better).

I am not sure if a regulator will help any.  Typically it is used to
keep the float bowl from overflowing.  So if there is no evidence that
is happening it may not buy anything.

I like the Holley one that is adjustable up to somewhere around 5PSI.
It has one input and 2 outputs so you can attach a small gauge and be
able to see what your pressure actually is.  Checker carries this one
but be sure that you get the right one.  They sell another one that
looks identical but is adjustable to somewhere around 16 psi and is
unsuitable for our cars.

Joe