Re: Fuel pressure regulator?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel pressure regulator?
From: Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 20:54:52 -0700 (PDT)
i always thought you needed a Fuel Pressure regulator
when you were using a high performance Holley 40 PSI
fuel pump that is High flow... I could be wrong... But
thats my opinion.. I get about 33 34 MPG with my lil
ZS carb... 110 miles 3.3 gallon on the open road :P
ive found my self drivin the lil spit more than
anything that old toyota of mine uses more gas!!!
surprising i know...

  You probably just need to lean it out more.. and
retard the engine if you want better fuel economy..
IE: set the timeing for like 14 or 15 degrees BTDC
fuel will burn longer in the cylinder.. yah you wont
have as much power but to gain someplace ya gotta give
somewhere else... I had a choke cable hooked up to my
dizzy on my big buick with the 307 V8 in it so i can
sit inside the car and set it for race or gas
mileage.. :P

if you have bad fuel economoy fuel pressure is
probably not the cause... yess too much fuel pressure
will cause bad fuel economy but youll have the side
effect of the carburetter always running too rich..
and never able to get it leaned out.... IE: Floats in
the bowl not shuttin the fuel......

Oh and check to make sure the secondar(Y)ies arent
opening too early i think it should open fully when
your foot is too the floor.. and start openin as close
to the floor as you can get it while still having them
open fully at the point the pedals to the floor...
that  could be the cause of excessive amount of fuel
consumption..

If your running at high speeds and find your self with
a lot of throttle to keep up, you might see if theres
some way you could rig up a way to open the
secondaries using vacum so the dont open unless theres
a massive amount of vacum gain (when you floor it fast
and are puttin a load on the motor)

Henry and (Christine my lil pimento red car :P)

PS. hope any of this info helps if anyone thinks i
might be wrong about this stuff let me know i could be
wrong, im always open to learning new things :)

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions  no fees. Bid on great items.