RE: It is happening again Triumphest 2005

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: It is happening again Triumphest 2005
From: "Stuart Greenwood" <sagreenwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:39:04 -0700
I am a member of theTriumph Sports Car Club of San Diego that is running
Triumphest 2005 but I am not on the organizing committee.
I just want to let everyone know that because there were several people
who, like Joe, wanted an Autocross the committee, having originally decided
not to run one, decided to go ahead and do so. However I was at a club
meeting last week and the committee had discovered that the cost of
insurance was so prohibitive that it was impossible for the club to proceed
with a stand alone event. There was no intention to deceive anyone; but
maybe you could say that the cost should have been looked into before
making the announcement.
I understand that the committee will probably subsidize the cost of
entering the SCCA event for people who have signed up to come to Triumphest
and want to participate in the Autocross.

Stuart Greenwood
sagreenwood@earthlink.net
San Diego Ca
Triumph TR8,  Stag and Spitfire Mk IV