Re: Browns Spitfire/ Electric Gremlins

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, paulfmeyer@msn.com, Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Browns Spitfire/ Electric Gremlins
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:21:04 -0400
> Then I have that melted white wire coming off the
>ignition switch that has been that way for 20 years.

I have a stump of a melted green wire in the harness going to the ignition
switch
that has been there since I bought the car 14 years ago.
The funny thing is, everything electrical on the car works perfectly.

My electrical system has ben very reliable since I cleaned the
fuse box contacts and replaced all of those 4-way bullet connector
blocks throughout the system.  The metal contacts in them tend to
crack and lose their spring pressure.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org