making progress!

To: Triumphs list <triumphs@autox.team.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: making progress!
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:39:29 -0400
Will wonders never cease?  Last weekend I actualy put the first piece
bak ON the Spitfire after spending most of the summer taking them
off.  Today I got all the brake lines put back on (except two easy
ones which I had to abandon due to a wife-generated computer crisis,
and which I may go back to the garage to finish in a few minutes).

It has been an interesting task.  I have one comment.  If you are in
any way 3-D spatially-challenged, do not try this at home!  I was
tempted at one point to pull the steering rack as well as the engine,
not that I actually have the space or hoist to lift the engine, but
found a way to encourage the right front line into place without all
that fuss.  Life is looking up.

Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com

===     http://www.vtr.org