car has no heat

To: "Doug Braun" <doug@dougbraun.com>, "Paul-Ernest Levesque"
Subject: car has no heat
From: "John Chemers" <johnchemers@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:14:57 -0600
Please help, I have trouble with my ford taurus
I have no heat in the car.
I performed the following work:
 - flushed the colling system with a garden hose
 - replaced the themostat
 - confirmed the heater fan works at all speeds
 - flushed the heater core with: liquid plumber, the works, oven off and CLR
 - the colant hoses form my engine spit in a T, on side for A/C running and
the other for heater running
  - the A/C hoese are really hot when I run the car witht he heat on, but
the heater hoses are hot, but not as much,
- i suspect the heater core valve may be stuck closed or the heater core may
still be plugged (although i can pump water through it).
- i am planning on putting clear hoses on after the heater core and watching
colored pieces of plastic to see if collant is circulating thru the heater
core
    - am also going to ty this stuff from auto zone
http://www.evapo-rust.com

any ideas?

john

===     http://www.vtr.org