RE: Worn syncro rings?

To: s1500@comcast.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Worn syncro rings?
From: "scotts junk" <smacsjunk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:37:04 -0600
Yes, just slide the appropriate gears and synchro rings onto the shaft,
press a synchro into its gear and measure the clearance. What you are
measuring is the wear on the conical faces between the synchro and the gear,
the more the cone wears, the deeper the synchro will slide into the gear
(i.e. the less the clearance).

As mentioned before, not much to see in terms of wear on the parts - at
least not to my poor old eyes, just trust your feeler guages.

cheers
Scott

>1. Would it be possible to do a temporary reassembly of parts of the
>mainshaft for re-assembly?
>2. What does a worn syncro ring look like? Never seeing a good one or bad
>one, I can't really tell.

Off to school, going on a trip, or moving? Windows Live (MSN) Messenger lets
you stay in touch with friends and family wherever you go. Click here to
find out how to sign up!  http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/

===     http://www.vtr.org