Re: wheel bearing question

To: Jim Muller <jimmuller@rcn.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: wheel bearing question
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 05:50:17 -0800 (PST)
The spindle itself could be worn where the bearings
ride on it.  This could happen if the bearings ever
started spinning as a unit on the spindle.  No amount
of tightening the bearing would make the problem go
away.  This is easy to check (when the hub is off)
by placing the bearings on the spindle in
the correct locations and seeing if they are loose.
The only real fix is replacing the spindle.

But generally a car has to have a lot of miles for
this to happen.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org