Re: TR:Spitfire - trunnion lube grease- fitting size?

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR:Spitfire - trunnion lube grease- fitting size?
From: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:43:04 -0800 (PST)
Thanks everyone, that explains a lot.
I feel like an idiot now. Last week I referred to
U-joints as UV Joints (had CV joints on my brain) and
now, I am trying to lube rebuilt trunions with grease.
I will have the Technician working on the U-joints
next week oil/grease everything for me. I really had
no clue those things took oil, I guess I should have
read a little more on them.

I am tackling the rear spring/shocks now (not fun in
case you were wondering). The new spring does NOT come
with the mount attached, you remove the old one. Get a
400lb friend or 4 long bolts with nuts to compress it
for the center loaded clamp housing.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help and patience.

Shane