TR:Spitfire - New Rear Spring - PITA

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR:Spitfire - New Rear Spring - PITA
From: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:54:08 -0800 (PST)
Having a major problem with new rear spring, No matter
what I do to the spring, with or without pivot pad
etc, the clamp will not compress enough for the center
bolt to go through. The sleeve is not level with the
hole in the clamp. Everything put together exactly the
same way it came off the old one. It seems like the
leaves are too thick or something. I am missing the
line up by about 1/8" inch. I used 4 long bolts to
compress the clamp top portion to bottom plate and it
is snug and metal to metal. I can see about 1/8" of
spring in the way and all the curves are lined up
perfect.

Has anyone ever had this problem?
Damn aftermarket crap.

===     http://www.vtr.org