RE: TR:Spitfire - Air Shocks

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR:Spitfire - Air Shocks
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:46:47 -0500
I never tried to see how high I could jack the car, but I wouldn't expect
that much movement.  You will have to roll the car or bounce it before it
will take a final set.

I will say as a note that when I set the air shocks to where the back end
height "looks" correct (aesthetically pleasing), the car gets a tad twitchy.
  You have to experiment to get just the right compromise between looks and
performance (and then one of your u-joints will fail and you'll have to let
out all the air to change it and start all over again with pressure
settings)

I agree that they inflate really quickly.  I think its 4 pumps on a bicycle
tire inflation pump for me to go from fully depressurized to first cut ride
height setting and then fine tune from there.

Best!

Greg Rowe

>From: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>
>To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
>Subject: TR:Spitfire - Air Shocks
>Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:20:10 -0800 (PST)
>
>Hello
>
>I installed Monroe Max-Air Airshocks last night and
>noticed they really did not lift much, maybe 1.5" - 2"
>tops. I do not want it jacked way up like a Camaro or
>anything, I just thought they would lift higher.
>
>I will recheck the lines to make sure they are not too
>tight and the joints and allowing air in.
>
>I also noticed they go from 55psi to 0 really fast by
>just barley letting air back out and they fill up very
>quick to (that is with a compressor set on 90psi).
>
>Thanks
>Shane

Type your favorite song.  Get a customized station.  Try MSN Radio powered
by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001

===     http://www.vtr.org