[Spit] HS4 choke time.

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spit] HS4 choke time.
From: "The Family Jefferson" <pnhnt@insight.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 18:10:34 -0400
Hi All,

I recently installed some HS4 carburetors on my 75 Spit. I still am trying
to tweak the RPM/Choke into the right zone and I think I almost have it
adjusted.  Initially, when they were installed, they would only start and
idle at 1500 to 2000 rpm, full choke on. Now it they run there for a moment
and settle down to just over 1100 with only partial choke. .

After a half hour of putting around the neighborhood and I can have the
choke all the way in and the rpm at around 800-1000. It's not an even
800-1000 though. They need more tweaking.

How long should a set of HS4 carburetors on a Spitfire 1500 have full choke
on (from start up) until it should be reduced or shut off ?

Thanks,

R/

Howard

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of Blank
Bkgrd.gif]

===     http://www.vtr.org