[Spit] Dual SU question - fuel line fittings?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spit] Dual SU question - fuel line fittings?
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 09:46:06 -0400
My car has a '69 small-bearing 1296 with dual SU HS2 carbs on it. One
float bowl cover has an inlet fitting for the gas line from the fuel
pump, and another fitting that is an outlet to the other carb. Which
one is supposed to be on the front carb? They look to be
interchangeable. My car has the two fitting one on the front carb,
which means two gas lines running between the carbs. Also does it
matter which fitting is the inlet and which is the outlet?

I've only had the thing for 11 years now - never got around to asking
this question! :-)

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Spitfire

===     http://www.vtr.org