Re: [Spit] Noise in frount end

To: Grant Buss <buss3@rogers.com>, Spitfire list
Subject: Re: [Spit] Noise in frount end
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:02:08 -0700 (PDT)
The plastic trunnion bushings can definitely creak of
they are shot.

Those rubber bushings in the inside ends of the A-arms
have a lifespan of maybe 8-10 years max.  So be sure
to inspect those.  Do not worry so much about little
cracks in the exposed ends of the rubber, but check if
the inner  metal tube is no longer bonded to the
rubber, or if the bolt through the tube is no longer
concentric with the hole in the A-arm.

Finally, clean off the suspension with engine cleaner
and a power washer before taking things apart!

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org