RE: [Spit] Electronic Ignition System for Spitfire MK 3, 1970

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Spit] Electronic Ignition System for Spitfire MK 3, 1970
From: "Bill Miller \(LBCs\)" <lbcs@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 13:49:51 -0400
Though I have several spits, my experience with the electronic ignition was
with my MGB.  I recently put an electronic ignition system on my daily
driver MGB.

I purchase the Moss Petronix unit (with the distributor) and a matched coil
from Ed at Just Brits.  I'm thinking it was around ~$220 or so.  I cannot be
happier.  The car runs much much better and the mileage increased nearly 30%
It was a very simple change (took all of 15 minutes) and I could not be
happier.

Now I am not sure which of the items caused all the improvements (electronic
ignition, distributor, or coil) or if it was combination of all three.  It
has made the car a joy to drive again.

I cc'd Ed on this email so you can have his email address if you have
questions for him.

Good Luck!
Bill