Re: [Spit] Rolling an empty Spit chassis around

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spit] Rolling an empty Spit chassis around
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:25:09 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com> wrote:
> If you sell the axles, where will the wheels attach?  Or do you mean
> the inner axles in the diff?

No, . . . it was a brain fart - pardon my stinky.  I was thinking for
some reason of an IRS rear with separate stub axles in the hubs rather
than swing axles going through them!

Well, then, now that I've got that straight (!), if I only took the
diff out (unbolted from swingaxles at the swingaxle flanges), could the
chassis be pushed/pulled around? . . . or will the swingspring push the
swingaxles so tightly against the frame it can't roll?  I'd tie up the
inner ends of the swingaxles so they wouldn't flop around (much)

What I'm trying to decide is if I can remove the diff where it sits and
still be able to move the rest later, or if I need to move the chassis
to its final resting place prior to removing the diff.

M D "Doc" Nugent - http://www.carcentric.com
Seattle area

===     http://www.vtr.org