RE: [Spit] Oiling front trunnions

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Spit] Oiling front trunnions
From: <Mackmi@usa.redcross.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:47:19 -0400
I have used synthetic grese in my 2 Spitfire trunnions with great
success.  This past spring, I took apart and inspected the trunnions on
my 79 Spit.  No apparent wear after 7 years and 10k miles. If you use
grease, use an old toothbrush, and cover all the threads and pack the
center section well.  Of course, you need to take the trunnion off the
car to do this.  Takes about an hour to do this.

Mike Mack
77 & 79 Spit
70 GT6+
74 VW Thing