RE: [Spit] Oiling front trunnions

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Spit] Oiling front trunnions
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:47:01 +0100
Having owned close to 100 vehicles with the Herald/Spitfire front suspension
design, I have taken apart more than my fair share of these. One thing which
is unarguable is that regular maintenance using EP90 gear oil works in 100%
of cases. The fluid nature of the oil transports worn metal fragments to the
bottom of the trunnion, where grease holds them in suspension around the
working surfaces of the threads.
I have a very simplistic view, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. EP90 works,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232