[Spits] Crane electronic ignition

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, NASS-club@yahoogroups.com (NASS Club)
Subject: [Spits] Crane electronic ignition
From: george.r.parker@att.net
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:28:59 +0000
Someone mentioned the Crane XR3000 system....  I have a couple of XR700 systems
(I believe that's what they are), one of which is from one of my Dad's Jags,
and the other from my Spit.  I switched to a points/condenser distributor, and
my Dad switched his Jag to a Pertronix, both for the same reasons Doug Braun
mentioned.

But, if anyone wants to try one of these systems, they can be had for cheap....
  I'll have to take a look in the boxes to let you know *exactly* what I have,
though.  E-mail off list, if interested.
--
George P.
NASS #290